Monday, January 19, 2009

Between then and now


Guess who's back?
That doesn't mean I was backless until now (you never know, maybe I was). Let’s get straight to the point. Well not yet, because I still don't have a point to make.

That's predominantly the reason why I haven't blogged in a while.
Because people don't have a point. But they have a blog. Folks just put meaningless sentences together to make a nonexistent point on a blog just to be perceived cool.
Also, it’s been a long time since I have been perceived cool, so I thought I'll give blogging a shot!!

I'm sure my blog records numerous hits, unfortunately most of them mine. What do I have to do for people to read this? Just read this and let me know. (Intelligent line that. Maybe my definition of intelligent is not intelligent enough) Hence, to be read you need to understand your audience well, it’s easier when the audience is just me.

I'm sure 20 years down I'll be the only one reading this.

"Hey Devaiah,

You must be 40 now. (Wait, isn't 22+20=42) I know what you are thinking. But yes, you still hadn't quite understood addition back then. I congratulate you if you are divorced twice. Not bad at all, at least two women thought they could live with you. If you aren't, too bad for you. Maybe your marriage is still on which is worse.

Well let me give you a quick recap. You had just finished your engineering. You became a writer (now it must be evident that it was a bad career move). Your friends were all successful (bet that hasn't changed much, has it). It was a winter when the world was going mad. But fashionably mad. Terrorists wore versache (your spellings sucked even then) before taking an entire city hostage. You were still (lol) a virgin. Obama had just resumed office. I'm sure now a 5th Bush must be at the helm. Those dumb Americans. Did you watch terminator 9? Or Rocky 13? I'm sure you didn't. But I can bet my life(the fact you survived means I won the bet) that you wept at the end of Dhoom 19.0!

I'm sure you still lose your temper. ("Hell no") Of course you do. ("Bull shit no"). You just did.

Anyways, hope you’ve finally realized that you aren't funny. Get a life, and please don't sit down to write a letter that you will read when you are 60.

Regards,
Devaiah"



"
Hey Devaiah,

You must be 60 now. (wait, isn't 42+20=62) I know what you are thinking. But yes, you still hadn't quite understood.....................

8 comments:

V said...

LOLL.. I'm sure i'll read this when i'm 42 and still laugh my ass off.. my god i miss everyone.. I imagined your face in the middle of the post reading it out aloud (like suicide notes in hindi movies) and it almost felt like short break at katte again...

tarle bharat said...

ha ha ha ha!.....God knows y I am laughing but I am!!!...5th BUSH!!...Dhoom 19.0!!!!!!....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!...nice one!!...For once u have started well and went on to finish it well too!!..very unlike ur style!...nice blog..:)....

Meghana Naidu said...

Ha ha ha ha ha. ha ha ha ha ha ha. ha ha ha. ha ha ha.
*break*
ha ha ha. ha ha ha.

so typically you ;)

phoenikhs said...

Hilarious. Specially the bit about the 'letter to read whn you are 60'.

Anonymous said...

Hey dev...liked this one...it stands testimonial to the fact that u can be creative...if u tried hard enough... :)...no seriously,its nice...However,there's scope for improvement...keep them coming...n way to go!!!

Shwetha said...

Hey , y don't you continue writing ? u write really(sarcastically!) well :)

rightergeorge said...

"...people don't have a point. But they have a blog.":). This one's a laugh in every line. All power to you Devaiah! Keep it coming.

Sachin Radhakrishna said...

I want Mr.Augustine Charles to read this piece?peas?peace! Damn we went to the same school dint we!?